Willy Wonka Illustration
This is an illustration from Roald Dahl's 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' that I painted whilst at college [around 1990!].
It depicts the captured spy who had been after Wonka's secret 'Everlasting Gobstopper' recipe, and was the ultimate event which made Wonka dismiss his entire staff and close the factory!
The sinister design that I chose for Willy Wonka is interesting in light of the recent Tim Burton movie going down a slightly more sinister character route -- but I think he would terrify the kids !

As far as I can remember this was ink & gouache on watercolour paper.
It depicts the captured spy who had been after Wonka's secret 'Everlasting Gobstopper' recipe, and was the ultimate event which made Wonka dismiss his entire staff and close the factory!
The sinister design that I chose for Willy Wonka is interesting in light of the recent Tim Burton movie going down a slightly more sinister character route -- but I think he would terrify the kids !

As far as I can remember this was ink & gouache on watercolour paper.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home